The 59th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course - Course Access
Nicklaus Children's Hospital is proud to present The 59th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course, live and in-person at the Loews Coral Gables in Miami, FL, from Friday, March 22 to 24, 2024. Details for this activity are still being announced, sign up for our mailing list to receive updates via email as soon as released.
Whether this is your first time attending or your 58th, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn from leading experts in the field of pediatrics. A distinguished faculty will present state-of-the-art information on the prevention, pathophysiology, and the latest developments in the diagnosis and treatment of the most prevalent pediatric and adolescent conditions. We hope you decide to join us in person for the 2024 conference and are confident that we will surpass your educational goals.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals who wish to learn more about new, pediatric state-of-the-art knowledge and topics relevant to the practice of pediatrics.
Every year, for the past 58 years, Nicklaus Children's Hospital, formerly Miami Children's Hospital, has presented an annual Pediatric Postgraduate Course (PPGC) - a course that is regarded as the most established continuing, independent medical education program in the country.
This course stems from Nicklaus Children's Health System’s tradition of quality and excellence in health care for children and is academically tailored to advance the clinical and research aspects of pediatrics and adolescent medicine. Renowned faculty from all over the United States and the world are invited to participate and present the most recent advances to the practicing pediatrician that directly impacts the practice. It is here that our participants, including pediatricians, family practitioners, residents/fellows, and ancillary staff members are exposed to the world’s foremost teachers who have proven ability to translate theoretical information to the practical level of day-to-day pediatric care.
This course, “Perspectives in Pediatrics”, serves as the centerpiece for the Continuing Medical Education Program at Nicklaus Children's Health System, which includes weekly Grand Rounds, Faculty Development, Trauma, Tumor Board, Cardiology, and Radiology Conferences. The PPGC provides education in all areas of pediatrics, including topics such as Metabolic Diseases, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nutrition, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Emergency, and Critical Care Medicine.
This course presents new, pediatric state-of-the-art knowledge on topics relevant to the practice of pediatrics. It will synthesize for the practicing pediatrician knowledge of Adolescent Medicine, Allergy & Immunology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Preventive Medicine/Community Pediatrics, Pulmonology, Radiology, Rheumatology and other childhood conditions. It will improve patient management skills in outpatient and hospital settings. Upon completion of the program, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize new state-of-the-art knowledge in pediatric care;
- Enhance and advance knowledge in different pediatric subspecialties;
- Apply these newly acquired skills to the management of various childhood diseases.
To provide a state-of-the-art forum for continuing medical education encompassing the latest developments in Pediatrics and Pediatric Subspecialties, fostering best clinical practices, up-to-date research information, and child advocacy. This course reflects Nicklaus Children’s Health System’s commitment to advancing the educational development of worldwide medical professionals serving children.
Experience Loews Coral Gables
Get to know the newest Loews Hotel, which officially opened in November 2022. Located in the heart of The Plaza Coral Gables, Loews Coral Gables Hotel offers a new level of hospitality just four blocks from the Gables’ iconic Miracle Mile. Choose from 242 guestrooms with an elegant, modern design. Enjoy luxury amenities, a spa, a fitness center, and a rooftop pool featuring spectacular city views. Savor locally curated flavors in four restaurants and lounges. Experience the culinary, cultural, and entertainment offerings of Coral Gables with easy access to the best of the city.
|$345.00/night plus tax
|Single or Double
NOTE: Special group block rates are subject to availability and will expire on March 10, 2023. These rates will apply for reservations between March 20, 2023, through March 29, 2023.
- Check-In: 4:00 pm
- Check-Out: 11:00 am
- Hotel Destination Fee1: $25/day + tax (optional)
- Valet Parking: $36 + tax
Room Tax not included.
Amenities & Accessibility:
Experience a new level of hospitality at Loews Coral Gables Hotel. Located in the heart of The Plaza Coral Gables. Luxury amenities and four restaurants and lounges round out the guest experience. Complementary Wi-Fi access is offered in all guest rooms and public spaces, a fitness center featuring Peloton Bikes, Room Service, Pool Access, and more. A full list of amenities and accessibility offerings is available on the Venue's Website
1The Optional Destination Fee is billed separately from the room rate and includes: Premium Wi-Fi internet for up to 4 devices for use in guest rooms and public spaces, Two (2) bottles of water, $10 Uber Credit Per Stay, One Hour Daily Bike Rental, Focal Point Photography Session with One Complimentary Branded Picture (reservations required)
The special group rates are a limited-time offer and subject to availability; bookings must be made before March 10, 2023, to qualify for discounted rates.
Guests must cancel by 4 pm local time 72 hours before arrival to avoid a penalty fee of 1 night's room and tax.
Special Deal - Combo Registration (Course + Hotel) Expand Dropdown Close Dropdown
Register for both and save! Live Course, Online Access, & Hotel
Our Combo Registration Package includes...
- Registration for the conference (all 3 days + online access)
- 3 nights hotel stay (Checking in on March 23, and checking out on March 26)
- Complimentary $25/night destination fee - at no additional cost!
Prices start at $1,610/person for CE/CME registrants, and $1,560 for non-CE/CME registrants with our Discount Code - PPGCSAVE. Click the link below to view more details about this registration option, or compare all our CE/CME Registration options and all our Non-CE/CME Registration Options.
This special promotion will only be available while room blocks last or rates end on March 10, 2023.
Booking by phone Expand Dropdown Close Dropdown
You may book by phone by calling the number above. International attendees can also call toll-free at +1 (800) 235-6397.
To ensure you receive our group discounted rates, make sure to mention you are attending the PPGC Program when confirming the dates for your stay.
Booking Online Expand Dropdown Close Dropdown
Click the link above to book.
The online reservation link provided above may list a different room/tax rate and resort fee. Upon confirmation of your reservation, you will receive an adjustment to the hotel's current tax rate. All reservations must be guaranteed with a one-night deposit. This card will be charged in the event of a cancellation, no-show, or deposit when warranted.
If you require a room upgrade, please contact the hotel directly at 786-772-7600.
Group Reservations Expand Dropdown Close Dropdown
Group registration option available upon request via email to email@example.com
Local Attractions & Dining
Explore Coral Gables
Loews Coral Gables is part of the new mixed-use development, The Plaza Coral Gables, located just four blocks south of the iconic Miracle Mile. The plaza will showcase not only the hotel, but also new office space, residential units, and high-end retail.
- Miracle Mile (0.5 miles from hotel)
- Giralda Plaza (0.5 mile from hotel)
- Venetian Pool (0.7 miles from hotel)
- Shops at Merrick Park (1 mile from hotel)
- Vizcaya Museum and Garden (3.8 miles from hotel)
- View list on Loewshotels.com
Savor the flavors of Miami with locally curated sips and bites at four distinct restaurants and lounges. Enjoy some of Coral Gables’ best culinary experiences, from al fresco, and poolside dining to approachable all-American fare, elevated mixology, and quick, fresh bites.
- Eat, drink and socialize while enjoying American Kitchen classics, ranging from breakfast favorites to locally-infused regional lunch and dinner cuisine. An indoor dining room with an expansive open kitchen, private dining space, Chef’s table experience, and outdoor terrace seating round out this true American dining destination.
- Enjoy classic cocktails handcrafted in the tradition of old-school American glamour at this Americana Bar. Locally distilled spirits, an expansive wine collection, and a menu of composed bar bites create the ideal urban meeting point in Coral Gables.
- A poolside, open-air oasis with sky-high views of Coral Gables. Phineas is a rooftop restaurant celebrating the Latin flavors and heritage of South Florida. Small plates and specialty cocktails offer a multi-cultural feast, from Little Havana to Little Haiti.
- From locally roasted coffee to homemade pastries, fresh salads, sandwiches, and gelato, Miami Joe Coffee Co. satisfies any craving. Open daily for grab-and-go breakfast and lunch items, snacks, sweets, and more.
Accreditation & Disclosures
Accreditation Statement: Nicklaus Children's Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Commercial Support Disclosure: This activity is partially supported by an educational grant from Mead Johnson & Company, LLC.
Faculty/Planner Disclosure Policy: In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Integrity & Independence in Accredited Continuing Medical Education, all planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content are required to disclose to the accredited provider their financial relationships. Relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
Credits Designation & Certificates
CE/CME Course Enrollment
AMA Designation Statement: Nicklaus Children's Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABP MOC Recognition Statement: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 16.00 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit. (PARS Course ID: TBA)
Attendance/CE: This is an accredited educational activity. Those enrolled for the CE/CME version of the course that cannot claim the designated certified credits, and that complete the course requirements will receive a certificate of completion commensurate with their time participating in this course approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
General Admission Enrollment
General Attendance: Participants enrolled for this version of the course will receive a certificate of attendance.
Florida Board of Medicine Licensed Physicians ONLY
Credits Reported to CE Broker Manually by Provider: Credits earned by completing this course will be reported to CE Broker manually. Make sure your profile is complete to avoid errors in reporting. Reports will be made in June 2024 and once virtual access ends in October 2024.
All Other Learners:
All other licensees (including but not limited to Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, etc.) must download their transcript/certificate and manually report credits/hours earned for this activity to CE Broker or their respective licensing institution.
Visit our CE Broker Reporting page for more information on how we report to CE Broker.
The CME credits that physicians earn from this activity will be submitted to ACCME's CME Passport, a free, centralized web application where you can create a personalized account to view, track, and generate transcripts of your reported CME credit. Visit www.cmepassport.org to create your account. Credits will be reported within 30 days of completing the credit attestation for this activity.
- 16.00 ABP MOC IISuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 16.00 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
- 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Nicklaus Children's Hospital designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 16.00 AttendanceAcknowledging attendance at this educational activity.
- 15.00 MOC II
You must log in to register for this activity or to access the course content
Two types of registration
This year, there will be two types of registration available - CE/CME Registration and General Admission Registration.
Choose the registration type that works best for you...
- Recommended for...
- Physicians and medical professionals interested in participating in an accredited activity, interested CME credits, and who need a detailed certificate of participation after attending the conference
Early CE/CME Registration rates start at $550 for physicians. Discounted rates avaialble for non-physician attendees.
General Admission Registration
- Recommended for...
- Anyone interested in attending the live activity, who does not need a certificate of participation in the course detailing their hours of participation in the activity, and who still wishes to have access to all the lectures and lecture content.
Early General Registration rates start at $450 for physicians. Discounted rates avaialble for non-physician attendees.
View Additional Registration Options
Registrants can choose any of the additional options during registration to best suit their needs
- Course Only Registration
- Register to the course only, without any of the additional options listed below.
- Registration + DEA MATE Act Workshop
- Register to the main course and the DEA MATE Act Workshop.
- The DEA MATE Act Workshop includes an additional three lectures which will take place in the evening of day 1 and 2 of the course. These lectures meet the new DEA Mate Act requirement. For details, please review the course program.
- Combo Package (Registration + Hotel)
- Register to the main course and book your stay at our venue.
- By selecting the Combo Package, you will be registered for the course and your hotel stay will also be reserved for the duration of the conference (checking in on Thursday, March 21, 2024 and checking out on Sunday, March 24, 2024). You will receive an email within 48 hours from purchase with further instructions on how to submit your booking details.
Learn more about our Combo Package Option.
- Combo Package (Registration + Hotel) + DEA Workshop
- Get it all! Register to the main course, the DEA Workshop, AND book your stay at our venue.
- This selection includes all the additional options to your purchase. In addition to your registration, you will purchase the optional DEA Workshop, and reserve your stay at our host venue.
Refund Policy: Refunds, less a $50 processing fee, will be issued when requested in writing and if submitted prior to February 23, 2024. No refunds will be honored after this date.
On-Site Registration ONLY after 03/15/2024: Pre-registration will be available until March 15, 2024, at 11:59 pm. Anyone wishing to register for the course on or after March 16 must register on-site. On-site registration will be flat-rate (regardless of course type).
Click the button above to enter the activity & launch the activity web-app.
Access to the course content will be available to registrants until October 31, 2024
We recommend the following hardware/software to successfully view and complete the digital contents of this course. For ease of use, we strongly recommend using a desktop computer or tablet device, however mobile devices are also complatible.
|Recommended Desktop Parameters
|The following desktop web browsers are compatible with our system: Chrome, MS Edge, Safari
|Recommended Mobile Parameters
|The following mobile devices are recommended: Apple iPhones, iPads, and Android devices using the supported web browsers listed above.
If you encounter any issues while accessing our courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org