FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020, 08:00 AM EST
Use of Alternative Lipid Solutions for Treatment of TPN-Related Liver Disease
Grand Round Speaker:
Steven Ford, MD
Attending, Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Director of Neonatal Nutrition
University of South Florida
Morsani College of Medicine
DID YOU MISS THE LIVE SESSION? THIS GRAND ROUND IS NOW PART OF OUR VIRTUAL CATALOG.
To receive invitations for Grand Rounds via email, click here
At the conclusion of this presentation, attendees are expected to:
- Review history and Pathophysiology of parenteral nutrition-related liver disease (PNALD)
- Explain the proposed mechanism of action for alternative lipid solutions in halting and reversing PNALD
- Contrast the differences between currently available IV lipid solutions
- Review case series of infants treated with alternative lipid solutions at Tampa General Hospital NICU since 2017
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Faculty/Planner Disclosure Policy: In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, all planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content are required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. Relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
No Commercial Support was received for this activity. The Planning Committee and Staff have no conflicts of interest to declare.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Nicklaus Children's Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.