24th GPRSA Registration
The 2021 Virtual General Pediatrics Review & Self Assessment includes:
A pre-test of 50 Multiple Choice Questions.
Videos of didactic lectures covering all of the core topics in pediatrics
Downloadable PDFs of the handouts from all speakers’ presentations
A three hours Marathon in Visual Diagnosis by Dr. Basil Zitelli
A post-test of 65 Multiple Choice Questions with feedback and post-test review - receive a detailed breakdown of your test performance
The Post-Test self-Assessment counts for 26 ABP MOC2 Points (Add-on registration) - Passing Score of > 70% correct required (Two attempts allowed)
Access to course videos and material will be granted to all registrants until December 31, 2021
**Discounted pricing available for NCHS Hospital Staff/Employees, and Medical Residents**
This course is targeted and created for the following audience(s):
- Physicians and pediatricians who are preparing for the American Board of Pediatrics certification examination or re-certification or Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process.
- Any provider who wants an intense review of pediatrics to refresh and strengthen their knowledge in all pediatrics and its specialties.
The intent of this course is to present material designated by the ABP Content Outline as necessary for preparation for Board certification in a comprehensive and intensive presentation prior to participating in the exam.
At the conclusion of the course, the participants shall have:
Received a full review of Pediatric concepts in preparation for the Board of Pediatrics examination;
Practiced questions relevant to the content of the Board exam;
Reviewed updated diagnostic and therapeutic skills in the practice of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine;
Acquired basic principles of test taking and strategies for self-directed learning;
Reinforced and expanded their pre-existing knowledge of Pediatrics.
The faculty, course planners, and CME Committee have designed the course to increase attendees’ competency in Medical Knowledge and Patient Care. It is hoped that increasing competence in the medical knowledge will result in improved performance on the ABP examination and on patient care; which will result indirectly in improved patient outcomes. The course is designed to cover the AAP PREP content specifications as well as the content specification as stated by the American Board of Pediatrics for Pediatric Board Certification and Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
The topics and discussions all address the following six ACGME Competencies:
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
The following recorded reviews are included in this program. All presentations will accessible to registrants until September 3, 2021
- Adolescent Medicine -Metee Comkornruecha, MD
- Allergy & Immunology - Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo, MD
- Biostatics & EBM - Rani Gereige, MD
- Cardiology - Jason Katz, MD
- Critical Care - Paul Martinez, MD
- Delivery Room & Well Baby - Magaly Diaz-Barbosa, MD
- Dermatology - Ana Duarte, MD
- Development - Victoria Fierro-Cobas, MD
- Emergency Medicine - Barbara Pena, MD
- Endocrinology - Alejandro Diaz, MD
- Fluids & Electrolytes - Nichole Christin, MD
- Gastroenterology - Carrie Firestone Baum, MD
- General Pediatrics - Maria Milla, MD
- Genetics - Mislen Bauer, MD
- Hematology - Oncology - Ziad Khatib, MD
- Infectious Diseases (Two part session) - Manuel Cotilla, MD
- Metabolics - Parul Jayakar, MD
- Neonatology - Magaly Diaz Barbosa, MD
- Nephrology - Obioma Nwobi, MD
- Neurology - Migvis Monduy, MD
- Orthopedics & Sport Medicine - Avi Baitner, MD
- Pulmonology - Maria Franco, MD
- Radiology - Rachel Pevsner, DO
- Rheumatology - Arielle Hay, MD
- Marathon in Visual Diagnosis - Basil J. Zitelli, MD
|Alejandro Diaz, MD||Manuel R Cotilla, MD||Parul Jayakar, MD|
|Ana Duarte, MD||Maria Franco, MD||Paul Martinez, MD|
|Arielle Hay, MD||Maria Mila, MD||Rachel Pevsner, DO|
|Avi Baitner, MD||Metee Comkornruecha, MD||Rani Gereige, MD, MPH|
|Barbara Pena, MD, MPH||Migvis Monduy, MD||Victoria Fierro-Cobas, MD|
|Carrie Firestone Baum, MD||Mislen S Bauer, MD||Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo, MD|
|Jason Katz, MD||Nicole Christin, MD||Ziad Khatib, MD|
|Magaly Diaz-Barbosa, MD||Obioma Nwobi, MD||Basil J. Zitelli, MD|
COURSE PLANNING GROUP
Rani S. Gereige, MD, MPH
CME Specialist & Instructional Design
FACULTY/PLANNER DISCLOSURE POLICY:
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, all planners, teachers, and authors involved in the development of CME content are required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. Relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
The Staff and the Planners of this event had no conflict of interests or financial relationships to disclose.
Staff Disclosure Statements TBA
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Florida Board of Medicine Licensed Physicians ONLY:
CME credits earned for completing this course are reported directly to CE Broker. Make sure your profile is complete to avoid errors in reporting. For more information and instructions visit our CE Broker Reporting page.
All other practitioners:
At this time all non-Medical Doctors practitioners (including but not limited to DOs, APRNs, RNs, etc.) must self-report any earned CME credit. Click here for instructions on how to download your learner transcript.
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital designates this activity for AMA PRA Category 1TM as stated below. To be eligible to claim CME credits for this course, participants must complete all the required course objects. A registration fee is required for access to this course. Click the Register tab above for pricing information.
MOC PART 2 POINTS
This CME program will be approved by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) for MOC Part 2 Self-Assessment Points as stated below. Only physicians certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and its specialties can claim the 20 MOC Part 2 points.
In order to claim the MOC Part 2 points, physicians must also meet the following criteria:
- Register for the full course (Including the MOC Add-On fee).
- Complete the MOC Part 2 self-assessment assignment within the allotted time and with a score 70% or more.
- Completion of CME requirements is not required to be eligible & gain access to the MOC portions of this course.
ABP MOC Recognition Statement: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity, and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 26 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit. (PARS Course ID: 201724243)
- 26.00 ABP MOC“Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.”
- 26.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Nicklaus Children's Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registration will close September 3rd (15 weeks from launch date)
Select the course option above that you wish to register for and click the [ENROLL] button to proceed to the payment window. You will be able to select any applicable discounts before checking out. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Having issues completing your registration? To watch an instructional video on how to register click here.
Registration & Discount Fee Table
Discounts below can be applied during checkout. Once you select which portions of the course you wish to register for, make sure you select the affiliation type & update the cart to adjust the registration cost.
|Affiliation||Partial Registration (CME Credit Only)||Full Registration (CME & MOC)|
|US Participants - Physicians||$175||$225|
|PA's, APRN's, and International Participants||$100||$150|
|Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Staff - Courtesy, Consulting, or Affiliate||$125||$175|
|Nicklaus Children's Hospital Medical Staff - Active, Emeritus, Active Alumni Staff, Geographic, APRN's, PA's||$100||$150|
|Non-NCHS Residents, Fellows, and Medical Students*||$100*||NA|
|NCHS Residents & Fellows, and FIU, Nova, or SGU Medical Students+||$0+||NA|
* Letter from Program Director or Dean of Students required for registration - submit to email@example.com
+ Registration for NCHS Residents & Fellows, and FIU, Nova, or SGU Medical Students is free with program discount code. Please contact your program coordinator to receive your discount code
To be able to successfully view/complete this course the following set up is recommended:
Web browsers compatible with our system:
Desktop: Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft EDGE, and Opera
Mobile*: Apple iPhones and iPads iOS 6+, Android phones and tablets 4.1+
*Mobile device use is supported but not always functional. Desktop browsers are strongly recommended. If you encounter any issues while accessing our courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org