Grand Rounds - 11/08/19 - Medical Errors
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
Grand Rounds – Friday, November 08, 2019
“Patient Safety & Prevention of Medical Errors”
Paige Saperstein & Kristen Vachal-Reese
At the conclusion of this presentation, attendees are expected to:
- Understand the impact of medical errors on our health care system
- Identify factors that increase the occurrence of medical errors
- Recognize error-prone situations
- Learn how to create processes to improve patient outcomes and reduce errors
- Be aware of the safety needs of special populations
- Provide public education regarding prevention of medical errors
- Identify the implications of Amendment 7 on patient safety and errors prevention
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 2 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT DISCLOSURE:
No Commercial Support was received for this Activity.
The planning committee and staff have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Ms. Saperstein & Vachal-Reese (or spouse/partner) has not had (in the past 12 months) any conflicts of interest to resolve or relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of products or services that will be discussed in this CME activity or in his presentation.
Ms. Saperstein & Vachal-Reese will support this presentation and clinical recommendations with the “best available evidence” from medical literature.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Nicklaus Children's Hospital designates this for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.